Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a pan of salted water and boil for about 20 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with the butter, then add the warm milk. Season to taste, then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the minced beef, oregano and cumin.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion, chilli, green pepper and garlic until soft.
- Add the beef mixture along with the stock and tomato sauce. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, then stir in the olives.
- Pour the picadillo into an oven dish and top with the sweet potato mash. Use the tines of a fork to make ridges in the top and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for around 25 minutes, until the sweet potato begins to brown at the edges. Remove from the oven and rest for five minutes before serving with rice.
Per serving: 336kcals, 14.2g fat (5.3g saturated), 34.6g carbs, 2g sugars, 18.3g protein, 5.5g fibre, 0.168g sodium
Picadillo is a traditional minced beef dish made in Spain, the Philippines and Latin America.
Popular in Gluten-free
Roast leg of lamb with spring vegetables