320g conchiglie pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
400g turkey meatballs
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
4 spring onions, chopped
60g Parmesan, finely grated
150ml vegetable stock
30g fresh basil
Salt and black pepper
1 x 125g ball of fresh mozzarella, torn
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/ gas mark 9.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta for two minutes fewer than specified by package instructions or until just barely al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 100ml of the cooking water.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the meatballs for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook for 5-6 minutes longer until the meatballs are browned and the peppers are starting to char.
- To make the pesto, combine the spring onions, spinach, Parmesan, vegetable stock, most of the basil and the remaining olive oil in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Season to taste.
- Return the drained pasta to the saucepan. Stir in the pesto, reserved cooking water, meatballs and peppers.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish and top with the mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Season with black pepper and scatter with some extra fresh basil.
Per serving: 700kcals, 29.6g fat (11g saturated), 70.1g carbs (5g sugars), 43.1g protein, 7.6g fibre, 0.986g sodium