Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Spray the ramekins with cooking spray, then use kitchen paper to wipe out most of the oil, leaving only a light residue.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and sprinkle the powdered gelatine evenly over the top. Allow to soften for 5-6 minutes or until the surface of the milk is wrinkled and the gelatin grains look wet.
- Place the saucepan over a low heat and warm gently, stirring frequently. The milk should never come to a simmer; if you see steam, remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down. The milk should be warm, but not so hot that you can't leave your finger in the pot for a few seconds.
- After about two minutes, rub a bit of the milk between your fingers to make sure it's smooth.
- Stir the sugar into the milk and continue warming for another three minutes until it dissolves as well. Again, don’t let the mixture simmer or boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Whisk in the cream, vanilla and salt.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared ramekins. Place in the fridge to chill for at least four hours, but preferably overnight.
- Fill a large bowl partway with warm water.
- Run a thin knife carefully around the sides of each ramekin. Don't slide the knife all the way down; just release the top edge of each panna cotta from the edge of its ramekin.
- Dip the ramekin in the warm water up to its rim, and hold it there for 2-3 seconds.
- Invert the ramekin over the plate and shake gently to help the panna cotta fall out. (If it does not fall out easily, return to the warm water bath for another two seconds.) Repeat with the remaining panne cotta.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to three days.
Per serving: 109kcals, 4.6g fat (2.7g saturated), 15.1g carbs (15g sugars), 2.3g protein, 0g fibre, 0.066g sodium
TEST KITCHEN TIP
Sieve the mixture to catch any gelatine that hasn’t dissolved. We gave the mixture one final whisk before pouring it into the ramekins; this ensured that the vanilla beans wouldn’t all sink to the bottom.
Gluten-freeItalianSweet thingsValentine’s DayLow-fatSpecial OccasionsNo-bakeCuisinesAfternoon teaFruit dessertsDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Gluten-free
Roast leg of lamb with spring vegetables