For the pastry:
125g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
25g icing sugar
75g cold butter
1 egg yolk
2-3 tbsp cold water
For the peanut butter filling:
85g butter, softened
120g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
315g crunchy peanut butter
3 Digestive biscuits, crushed
50g dark chocolate, melted
10g peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, sieve together the flour and icing sugar. Use your fingers to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the egg yolk and just enough cold water to form a soft dough. Turn the pastry onto a floured surface and knead lightly until the dough comes together. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to about 4mm thick. Lift the pastry into the prepared tin, gently pushing it into the sides. Trim away any excess.
- Line the pastry with some parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the sides of the pastry are a pale golden colour. Remove the paper and the beans and bake for five minutes longer. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the filling, beat together the butter and icing sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and peanut butter and continue mixing until very well combined.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry case and spread out to form an even layer.
- To decorate, sprinkle the top of the tart with the crushed Digestives. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Per serving 460kcals, 32.1g fat (12.9g saturated), 36.4g carbs (19.9g sugars), 10.5g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.242g sodium