70g butter, softened
50g smooth peanut butter
150g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
20 Lindt chocolate truffles or Maltesers
100g milk chocolate, melted
40 icing eyes
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line 2-3 baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix until just combined.
- Take one tablespoon of the cookie dough, roll it into a ball and place on the prepared tray. Continue until all the dough has been rolled.
- Make a thumb print in the centre of each biscuit. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is still a little soft. Allow to cool on the tray for 4-6 minutes, before placing a truffle or Malteser into the centre of each biscuit.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a piping bag and snip a small hole in one corner of the bag.
- Pipe the legs of a spider onto each cookie. Use a little of the melted chocolate to stick two icing eyes onto each.
Per Serving: 136kcals, 6.1g fat (3.3g saturated), 18.3g carbs (10.6g sugars), 2.3g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.064g sodium