For the traybake:
125g plain flour
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp baking powder
110ml maple syrup
100ml olive oil
2 large eggs
125g apple, peeled and grated
125g parsnips, peeled and grated
For the icing:
300g cream cheese
1 tbsp maple syrup
Zest of 1 orange
Orange zest, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20 x 25cm tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, flour, sultanas, mixed spice and baking powder. Toss to combine well. Make a well in the centre and set aside.
- In a large jug, combine the maple syrup and olive oil, then beat in the eggs. Stir in the apple and parsnips.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until well blended. Transfer into the prepared tin and spread with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool fully before icing.
- Mix together the cream cheese, maple syrup and orange zest until smooth.
- Using the back of a spoon or a palette knife, spread the icing over the cooled traybake. Decorate with some chopped pecans and orange zest.
350kcals, 24.7g fat (8.7g saturated), 29.1g carbs (14.1g sugars), 5.6g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.117g sodium