Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Melt the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Put three or four popcorn kernels into the oil and cover the pan with its lid.
- When the kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels in an even layer.
- The popcorn should begin popping soon, and all at once. Once the popping starts in earnest, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner.
- Try to keep the lid slightly ajar to let the steam from the popcorn release (the popcorn will be drier and crisper).
- Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat and shake the popcorn immediately into a wide serving bowl.
- Spray the popcorn with olive oil spray, stirring as you do so it’s evenly coated. Add the Parmesan and cayenne pepper to taste.
Per Serving: 394kcals, 27.6g fat (23.1g saturated), 29.6g carbs, 0g sugars, 13g protein, 5g fibre, 0.232g sodium
Top Tip : Ditch sodium-laden microwave popcorn for this homemade version; the parmesan and cayenne combination is so flavoursome you won’t miss the salt.