For the sun-dried tomato and basil butter:
80g butter, plus extra for cooking
12 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ tsp black pepper
For the French toast:
8 slices day-old white bread, thickly sliced
2 tsp milk
60g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
Salt and black pepper
- In a bowl, combine together all of the ingredients for the sun-dried tomato and basil butter. Set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk, Parmesan and some salt and black pepper. Whisk together until well combined. Soak the bread in the mixture for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and add some butter. When the butter begins to foam, add the bread slices in batches and cook for three minutes per side, or until golden. Continue with the remaining bread.
- Top each slice of warm French toast with some of the sun-dried tomato butter so it melts. Top with an extra sprinkling of grated Parmesan and chopped fresh basil to serve.
Per Serving 305kcals, 22.3g fat (12.4g saturated), 16.7g carbs (7.4g sugars), 12.1g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.382g sodium