300g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
1 garlic clove, chopped
200ml chicken stock
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
45g Parmesan, grated
Salt and black pepper
- Melt half of the butter in a deep-sided frying pan and add the Brussels sprouts. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. You can do this in batches depending on the size of your pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cook for three minutes until the sprouts are tender.
- Add the chickpeas and remaining butter stirring until the butter melts and the sauce is reduced to a glaze.
- Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
Per Serving 361kcals, 18g fat (9.8g saturated), 38g carbs, 7.1g sugars, 16.2g protein, 11.5g fibre, 0.383g sodium