Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pancetta and herb butter:
For the turkey:
- Place the garlic and shallot in a mini chopper or food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the pancetta and pulse until finely chopped. Add the Parmesan and herbs and pulse to combine.
- Transfer the pancetta mixture to a bowl and add the butter, olive oil and pepper. Mash together with a fork until very well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Pat the turkey dry with kitchen paper. Season the turkey cavity with salt and pepper and spread with 2-3 tablespoons of the pancetta butter.
- Starting at the neck end, gently separate the skin from the breasts and thighs using your fingers. Spread the remaining butter over the thighs and breast meat under the skin.
- Place the onion, lemon, rosemary and sage inside the cavity of the turkey. Rub the skin all over with olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Place the bird on a wire rack in a large roasting tin. Roast for 40 minutes per kilo or until completely cooked throughout. Check for doneness by inserting a skewer into the thickest part of the meat, ensuring the juices are clear.
- Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before carving and serving.
Per serving: 500kcals, 24.8g fat (10.1g saturated), 1.8g carbs
(0g sugars), 64.4g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.703g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons