Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place some flour in a wide, shallow dish and season with salt and black pepper.
- Beat the egg in a second dish and place the oats in a third. Add the lemon zest to the oats and stir to combine.
- One at a time, dip the mackerel fillets into the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Dip each one into the beaten egg and then into the oats, pressing the oats on to coat both sides of the fish.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Gently fry the mackerel for 4-5 minutes on both sides until the coating is golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges, chips and a salad.
Per serving: 706kcals, 41.6g fat (9g saturated), 32g carbs, 0g sugars, 48.9g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.202g sodium
Popular in Dairy-free
Gambas al ajillo