Butter, for greasing
350ml fresh milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp brown sugar
8 large croissants, sliced into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 23 x 33cm baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and sugar. Add the croissants and allow to sit for five minutes until the croissants have absorbed the custard.
- Pour the croissant mixture, plus any remaining liquids, into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the for 30 minutes or until the custard is fully cooked and the tops of the croissants begin to crisp slightly.
- Remove the bread pudding from the oven and serve warm.
Per serving: 496kcals, 25.5g fat (13.5g saturated), 51.4g carbs, 19.8g sugars, 14.2g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.757g sodium