Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the biscuit base
For the caramel
For the topping
- Line a 20cm square tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the Oreos and blitz to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and blitz again until it resembles wet sand.
- Pour the Oreo mix into the prepared tin and press into an even layer. Leave to chill in the fridge.
- In a large saucepan, add all of the caramel ingredients. Melt over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved; stir continuously to keep it from burning.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly, so that the mixture doesn't catch. The mix should be a dark golden colour and a fudgy consistency.
- Pour the caramel onto the Oreo base and leave to set for one hour in the fridge.
- Once the caramel has set, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between each interval, until fully melted.
- Pour the chocolate on top and sprinkle with chopped Oreos. Leave to set in the fridge for 15 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares and serve.
Per serving: 437kcals, 27.7g fat (15.3g saturated), 46.2g carbs (34.1g sugars), 3.6g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.284g sodium
Popular in Chocolate
Chocolate hazelnut mousse pots