Makes 1 loaf
60g butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
150g cranberries, halved
175g golden caster sugar
300g plain flour
1½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
Zest of 1 orange
50g pecans, chopped
1 egg, beaten
180ml orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 900g loaf tin with butter.
- Toss the halved cranberries in a little of the golden caster sugar.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Stir in the zest, cranberries and pecans. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter together with the remainder of the caster sugar. Add the egg along with a little of the flour mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Add the orange juice with the remainder of the flour mixture, stirring constantly until everything is well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf tin. Bake for 50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 289kcals, 10g fat (4.2g saturated), 45g carbs (19.9g sugars), 4.4g protein, 2g fibre, 0.186g sodium