1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 5cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
3 chicken fillets, chopped into chunks
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried coriander
Salt and black pepper
4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
300g basmati rice
500ml chicken stock
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
Flaked almonds, toasted
Fresh coriander, chopped
Naan bread, warmed
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken, curry powder, cumin, ground coriander and some salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for one minute, then stir in the rice. Add the chicken stock, cinnamon and star anise.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Remove the cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Spoon onto serving plates and top with dollops of natural yoghurt and mango chutney. Scatter over some toasted flaked almonds and some fresh coriander, then serve with some warm naan bread.
510kcals, 8.3g fat (1g saturated), 78.2g carbs (7.2g sugars), 30.2g protein, 6.3g fibre, 0.513g sodium