320g dried spaghetti
3 garlic cloves, crushed
8 anchovies in olive oil, chopped, plus 1 tbsp of their oil
1⁄4 tsp chilli flakes
400g cherry tomatoes
30g fresh basil leaves, chopped
Salt and black pepper
450ml chicken or vegetable stock
100g pitted Kalamata olives, drained and halved
1 tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
Fresh basil leaves, torn
Parmesan, finely grated (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine the spaghetti, garlic, anchovies and anchovy oil, chilli flakes, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, gently pushing the spaghetti down into the liquid.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has formed a thick tomato sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the olives and capers.
- Divide amongst warmed bowls and serve topped with extra basil leaves and some Parmesan, if desired.
Per serving: 511kcals, 17.7g fat (3.2g saturated), 67g carbs (4.5g sugars), 23.2g protein, 4.3g fibre, 2.572g sodium