Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a large saucepan, combine the spaghetti, garlic, anchovies and anchovy oil, chilli flakes, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, gently pushing the spaghetti down into the liquid.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has formed a thick tomato sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the olives and capers.
- Divide amongst warmed bowls and serve topped with extra basil leaves and some Parmesan, if desired.
Note: Vegetable stock can be used as an alternative to chicken stock, if you wish.
Per serving: 511kcals, 17.7g fat (3.2g saturated), 67g carbs (4.5g sugars), 23.2g protein, 4.3g fibre, 2.572g sodium
ItalianDinnerPasta30-minute mealsLow-fatOne-potFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat