Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large, deep ovenproof cast iron pan or casserole dish (at least 30cm in diameter) over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, skin side down, and sear for 3-4 minutes. Flip over and sear for another 2-3 minutes until golden all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and red pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the onion is transparent. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, rice, tinned tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs, turning to coat in the sauce, and arrange them skin side up on top. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is golden, crispy and completely cooked through. Scatter with fresh basil, to serve.
Per serving: 434kcals, 11.2g fat (2.6g saturated), 47.6g carbs (3.8g sugars), 34.1g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.376g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad