1 yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
500g new potatoes, quartered lengthways
8 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
500g cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
80g chorizo, peeled and sliced
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp dried oregano
1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas mark 6. Put the onions, potatoes, garlic and tomatoes in a large roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and lots of black pepper. Toss everything together and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken thighs on a board and use the tip of a sharp knife to slash the skin of each one 2-3 times. Season all over with salt and black pepper.
- Take the roasting tin out of the oven, scatter over the chorizo and toss to coat. Place the chicken on top of everything and sprinkle with the paprika and oregano. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the tin out of the oven and baste the chicken with some of the juices from the bottom of the tin. Add the pepper strips around the chicken.
- Turn the oven up to 220°C/200°C/gas mark 7. Return the tin to the oven for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden and completely cooked throughout.
Per Serving: 498kcals, 24.9g fat (3.5g saturated), 29.5g carbs (6.4g sugars), 46.1g protein, 6.6g fibre, 0.309g sodium