Makes around 24
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, vanilla, caster sugar, brown sugar and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix until completely smooth again.
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Mix until just incorporated with no visible dry spots of flour. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to shape the batter into balls of around two tablespoons each. Place on the prepared baking trays, spaced at least 4-5cm apart.
- Use the palm of your hand to gently flatten the balls very slightly, then sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Allow to cool on the baking trays for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling to room temperature.
Per Serving: 203kcals, 12g fat (2.8g saturated), 24.3g carbs (15.2g sugars), 1.9g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.129g sodium
Looking for more inspirational cookie recipes? Click here.
Biscuits & cookiesDairy-freeSweet thingsChocolateCholesterol-friendly recipesSpecial OccasionsFree-from treatsAfternoon teaBakingMake it Healthy
Popular in Biscuits & cookies