For the filling:
220g dried figs, stems removed
100g pitted dates
2 tbsp almonds, chopped
1 tbsp agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp cinnamon
A pinch of ground ginger
For the crust:
60g butter, melted
1 tsp baking powder
100g unsweetened apple sauce
3 tbsp agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and grease a 20cm square baking tin. For the crust, add half of the oats to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining oats, butter and baking powder.
- Stir in the apple sauce, agave nectar and water. Press half of the crust mixture into the bottom of the tin.
- Combine the figs, dates and almonds in the food processor and pulse into a coarse paste. Add the remaining ingredients for the filling and process until mixed.
- Spread the fig mixture evenly over the crust. Scatter the remaining crust mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before slicing into bars.
Per Serving 252kcals, 3.4g fat (0.5g saturated), 51.4g carbs, 18.9g sugars, 6.5g protein, 7.2g fibre, 0.056g sodium