Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar until the mixture looks a little lumpy. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add both flours along with the salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. Beat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and mix until just combined into a dough.
- Divide the cookie dough into 10 equal portions and press each one into a ball. Place the balls on a baking tray.
- Place the tray of cookie dough balls in the freezer for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6. Line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- Space the balls of dough well apart as they will spread, using a second baking tray if necessary. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the cookies are golden and the insides are gooey.
- Allow to cool on the tray for five minutes before enjoying.
Per serving: 352kcals, 15.5g fat (9.5g saturated), 52g carbs (29.4g sugars), 3.7g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.174g sodium
Kids bakingBiscuits & cookiesSweet thingsChocolateAmericanSpecial OccasionsKidsCuisinesAfternoon teaBaking
Popular in Kids baking