Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Combine the apricots, walnuts, salt and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the raisins.
- Roll the mixture into small balls
- Now divide the dough into 12 equal parts and form balls between your palms.
- Immediately roll out each ball into the puffed quinoa and serve.
Per serving: 62 kcals, 4.1g fat (0.2g saturated), 5.2g carbs, 2.9g sugars, 2.1g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.012g sodium
If you can’t find puffed quinoa, you can simply make it at home with regular quinoa. Wash the quinoa very well and dry in the room temperature pressing them between kitchen tissues. If you want the quinoa to dry quickly then put the washed quinoa in a preheated oven (400 degrees Fahrenheit) stirring constantly. Don’t let them roast we just want the quinoa to be dry.
Once the quinoa is dried, heat a nonstick pan. (Make sure the pan is properly heated. You can test the temperature of the pan by sprinkling few quinoa grains. If it splutters that means the pan is ready). Now add the quinoa into the pan. It will start to splutter; stir constantly to avoid any burning or overcooking. Take it out in a bowl and let it cool completely.