6-8 lasagne sheets
250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
180g Mozzarella, grated
30g Parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese), grated
For the mushroom sauce:
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ an onion, chopped
3 tbsp plain flour
350ml milk, warmed
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned, stirring vigorously as it cooks.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and cook for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. Stir in the basil, oregano and nutmeg, if using, and cook for one minute. Season to taste and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the lasagna sheets according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Spread one-third of the mushroom sauce into the bottom of a 20cm baking dish. Cover with lasagne sheets, breaking to fit if necessary, then layer over half of the Ricotta, half of the spinach and 60g of the Mozzarella. Repeat with a second layer. Top with the remaining lasagne sheets, mushroom sauce and Mozzarella, then sprinkle over the Parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the lasagne is golden on top and bubbling around the edges. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Per serving: 434kcals, 19.1g fat (11.3g saturated), 44.9g carbs (8.2g sugars), 22.7g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.411g sodium