For 1 x 5kg ham
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a small pan, combine all the ingredients for the glaze. Melt gently over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved, then increase the heat and bubble for five minutes. Remove and discard the star anise and cloves, then leave the glaze to cool and thicken.
- Once cooled, brush one quarter of the glaze over the ham and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Baste the ham every 20 minutes with the glaze.
- Turn the oven to 220˚C/200˚C/gas mark 7 and cook the ham for a final 20 minutes without opening the oven door.
- Once the ham is baked, transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before serving
Gluten-freeDairy-freeChristmasDinnerLow carbSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinSunday roastDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Gluten-free
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR