Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cupcakes:
For the buttercream:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together all the dry ingredients with the lemon zest. Add the butter and beat to form a sandy texture.
- Add the eggs and milk and beat until smooth. Spoon into the lined cupcake tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a teaspoon to scoop out the center of each cupcake. Fill the centers with the lemon curd.
- In a bowl, beat together the icing sugar, butter, lemon juice and lemon curd until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle. Pipe a swirl of buttercream to the top of each cupcake and decorate with some lemon zest, chocolate hearts and spinkles
Popular in Kids baking