2 stalks of kale
3 tbsp mint leaves
160g maple syrup or honey
100g dark chocolate or cacao nibs, roughly chopped (optional)
- Place the cashews and water in a large bowl and set aside for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- To prepare the kale, remove the main stalk and discard. Roughly chop the remaining kale.
- Add the cashews and water to a food processor or sturdy blender along with the mint, kale and maple syrup or honey. Blitz for 2-3 minutes until you have a creamy and smooth mixture. Taste the mixture and add more mint if desired.
- Add the chocolate (if using).
- If using an ice cream machine, follow the manufacturers instructions; alternatively, transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for three hours – stirring vigorously every 30 minutes – until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer for 15 minutes before serving. Serve generous scoops with extra chocolate chips and enjoy!
Per Serving 251kcals, 11.2g fat (4.7g saturated), 35.4g carbs, 25.1g sugars, 4.3g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.03g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Aoife Howard