4 tbsp ground coffee (or instant coffee)
2 tbsp icing sugar
6 tbsp Tia Maria, Kahlua or brandy
32 sponge fingers
4 tsp cocoa powder
- Put the coffee in a cafetière or jug. Add 400ml of boiling water and set aside for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the mascarpone into a bowl with the icing sugar and four tablespoons of the coffee liqueur or brandy.
- Pour the coffee into a shallow dish. Add a tablespoon of liqueur. Soak half of the sponge fingers in the coffee, two or three at a time, then break each one into four pieces and divide between eight glasses or cups.
- Spoon a layer of the cheese mixture into each glass or cup, then dip the remaining fingers into the rest of the coffee and liqueur and break over the top. Spoon the rest of the cheese mixture over the top and dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve straightaway or refrigerate for 3-4 days. Alternatively, make one large tiramisu in a freezer-safe dish and freeze for up to two weeks.
Per Serving 217kcals, 8.8g fat (5.2g saturated), 20.4g carbs, 2.1g sugars, 8.6g protein, 0g fibre, 0.053g sodium
These mini pots are delicious as an afternoon treat for unexpected guests with a pot of strong coffee