Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the lemon curd:
- In a heavy-based pan, whisk together the whole egg, yolk, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the butter and place over a medium heat. Cook, whisking, for 7-8 minutes until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat and stand for five minutes. Pour into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a 12-hole mini muffin tin with butter. Roll out the pastry onto a lightly-floured work surface and use a 5cm round pastry cutter to cut out 12 circles. Press the rounds into the muffin tin and pierce each base with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Bake the pastry cases for 10 minutes, then cut small circles of parchment paper and put one in each pastry case. Fill each one with baking beans or uncooked rice. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- For the decoration, melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Spoon the chocolate into a Ziplock bag and cut off one of the bottom corners. Pipe the melted chocolate onto a sheet of parchment paper in any shape or design you like, then place the sheet into the fridge to harden.
- When the cases are cool, spoon some of the lemon curd into each one. Top each one with a little lemon zest and a chocolate squiggle.
Per Serving 279kcals, 18.2g fat (4.1g saturated), 26g carbs, 7.7g sugars, 3.4g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.037g sodium
ChristmasFreezer-friendlySweet thingsDiabetic-friendlyLow-fatSpecial OccasionsPastryBakingFruit dessertsMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge