Makes about 12
4 tbsp coconut oil or butter, plus extra for greasing
4 tbsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
4 tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
20g shredded coconut
4 tbsp ground flax seed
4 tbsp almonds, sliced
30g dried cranberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut oil or butter, honey, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat until all ingredients are combined. Remove from heat and stir in the apple sauce and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oats, coconut, flax seed, almonds and cranberries.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until completely coated. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, then place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil or butter and fill each opening about two-thirds of the way with the granola mixture. Using your fingers, press into the centre of each hole and then work your way around the edges to form a small bowl shape.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin. To remove, carefully run a knife around the outside of each granola cup.
- Store in an airtight container. When ready to eat, fill the cups with Greek yoghurt and top with fresh berries and sliced banana.
Per serving: 189kcals, 8.4g fat (4.9g saturated), 24.9g carbs, 6.6g sugars, 4.2g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.053g sodium