Makes 12 mini cups
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cups:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Spray a 12-hole mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place all of the sheets of filo on large baking tray. Cover with a piece of parchment paper, then place a damp kitchen towel on top of the parchment to stop the filo drying out, as this happens quickly.
- Transfer one sheet of filo to a large cutting board, covering the rest of the sheets. Quickly brush the filo with butter. Place another sheet on top and repeat until all five sheets of filo are stacked on top of one another. Brush the top sheet with butter.
- Cut the filo into 12 equal rectangles. Pick up one rectangle and push the centre into the bottom of one of the muffin tin holes. Press on the sides gently to make a cup. Repeat with the remaining filo.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden, being careful not to let them burn. Allow the filo cups to cool completely.
- In a cup, whisk 120ml of the milk into the cornflour until completely smooth. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a saucepan over a medium-low heat and then add the remaining milk and the icing sugar. Stir constantly for 8-10 minutes until very thick and smooth, then remove from the heat. Stir in the almond and vanilla extracts. Press a piece of cling film onto the surface and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in the Ricotta until smooth.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe the mixture into the baked filo cups. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and crushed pistachios. Refrigerate until needed.
Per Serving 214kcals, 12.2g fat (6.2g saturated), 23.3g carbs, 8.9g sugars, 5.4g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.174g sodium
Popular in Dinner party
Vegetarian puff pastry wellington by EUROSPAR