375g ready-rolled puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
For the icing:
8 tbsp icing sugar
1-2 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5. Line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 12 rectangles measuring roughly 6x10cm.
- Divide the mincemeat evenly amongst six of the pastry squares, placing it in the centre. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mincemeat outwards, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg and place the remaining pastry squares over the filling. Seal the edges with a fork. Trim the edges slightly, if necessary, to give a neat finish.
- Place the tarts on the prepared baking trays and brush the tops with the beaten egg. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow them to cool completely.
- For the icing, place the icing sugar in a bowl and gradually add the water to form a spreadable consistency.
- Once the tarts have cooled, spread with some of the water icing and decorate with festive sprinkles.
Per serving: 457kcals, 24.6g fat (6.3g saturated), 53.3g carbs (21.4g sugars), 5.5g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.24g sodium