Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2 and line a 25cm x 17cm square tin with parchment paper. Combine the brown sugar, butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan over a medium heat, stirring until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, smoothing into an even layer. Bake for 35 minutes and leave to cool completely.
- When cooled, spread over the caramel. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. When smooth, stir in the oil (this helps with slicing later). Pour and spread the chocolate over the caramel layer.
- Leave to set, then slice into bars to serve.
396kcals, 18.1g fat (10g saturated), 55.6g carbs, 35.7g sugars, 5.1g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.151g sodium
The caramel for this should be thick. If it looks too thin, pop it into a saucepan and boil for a few minutes, stirring until thickened