Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the rub
- Make the rub by grinding together all of the ingredients in a pestle and mortar.
- Lightly oil the exterior of the chicken and evenly coat with the rub.
- Half fill the GBS Poultry roaster cup with the beer followed by the lime wedges and chilli.
- Firmly sit the chicken onto the GBS poultry roaster cup, making sure the chicken is stable and upright. Cut a wedge of the remaining lime and plug the neck cavity of the bird. This will help keep all the scented steam in the carcass and stop it for escaping.
- If desired, a selection of lightly oiled and seasoned mixed peppers can be added to the base of the poultry roaster at this point.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 180°C. If using a charcoal barbecue, you need 1⁄2 chimney starter of lit briquettes.
- Roast the chicken over an indirect medium heat for approximately one hour 10 mins or until the meat has reached 75°C. It is recommended you probe the meat with an instant read or iGrill Thermometer.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Per serving: 563kcals, 22.4g fat (5.4g saturated), 6g carbs (1.6g sugars), 72.9g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.256g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes