2 tsp maple syrup or honey
A pinch of cinnamon
For the caramel sauce:
1 tbsp light tahini paste (or any nut butter of your choice)
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or water
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas mark 3, or heat a barbecue to a medium-high heat. Slice the bananas lengthwise through the skins and arrange cut-side up on a baking tray.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the bananas and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake or barbecue for 10-12 minutes until the skins are black and the bananas are soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare the caramel sauce. Whisk the tahini paste and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the almond milk (or water) until smooth. Add a pinch of sea salt to taste.
- Remove the baked bananas from the oven or barbecue. Drizzle over the caramel sauce and top with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and fresh mint.
Per Serving 189kcals, 4.4g fat (0.7g saturated), 38.9g carbs, 24.2g sugars, 2.6g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.088g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Aoife Howard