Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line 2-3 baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the golden syrup and egg and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, malted milk powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix until it comes together. Use your hands to gather the mixture together to form a ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the chilled dough and place on a floured surface. Roll the dough out to about 5mm thick. Using a rectangle cutter, cut out the biscuits and place onto the prepared baking trays. Be sure to leave space between the biscuits as they can spread slightly once baked.
- If you have a letter stamp, stamp “malted milk” into the tops of the biscuits.
- Put the trays of biscuits in the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are a pale golden brown colour. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely on the trays.
Per serving: 129kcals, 4.6g fat (2.7g saturated), 20g carbs (8.9g sugars), 2g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.064g sodium
Popular in Biscuits & cookies
Gingerbread sandwich cookies