For the pancakes:
230g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 large eggs
200ml whole milk
100g chocolate chips
Butter, for cooking
For the board:
- For the pancakes, sift the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs and milk and whisk until smooth. Add a little more milk if needed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat and add some butter. Add a ladleful of the batter and cook for about two minutes until bubbles start to appear in the centre of the pancake. Flip over and cook for one minute longer.
- Transfer the pancake to a plate and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- For the sausages, heat a drizzle of oil in a large, clean non-stick pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook for a few minutes per side, turning to brown on all sides until cooked through and slightly crisp. Remove to a large plate or platter and keep warm in the oven.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until they are beginning to crisp; you don’t want to overcook these! Remove to the plate and keep warm.
- To assemble your board, line your pancakes down the centre. Add a jug of syrup, a jar of honey, a small bowl of chocolate sauce and some yoghurt. Place your bacon and sausages on the side and arrange the fruits around the board. Serve to Mum straight away with her choice of tea or coffee!