Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 4. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and bake for about an hour until cooked through.
- Cook the streaky rashers in a pan over a medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper and allow to cool, then crumble into small pieces.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool enough to handle. Cut in half horizontally. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides, leaving about ½cm of potato in the skins.
- Turn the oven to 230°C/210˚C fan/gas mark 8. Brush rapeseed oil all over the potato skins, outside and in, and sprinkle with salt. Place the skins on a rack in a roasting tin. Cook for 10 minutes on one side, then flip the skins over and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Arrange the potato skins skin-side down on the rack. Sprinkle the insides with black pepper, grated Cheddar and crumbled bacon. Return to the oven for an additional two minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from the oven and use tongs to transfer them to a serving plate.
- Add a dollop of sour cream to each skin and scatter with chopped spring onions.
Per serving: 336kcals, 15.2g fat (5.8g saturated), 35.2g carbs, 2.8g sugars, 14.9g protein, 5.4g fibre, 0.572g sodium
The bacon is easily omitted for a vegetarian version.