Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a small pan over a medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb the fat. Leave enough bacon fat in the pan to cook the sandwiches.
- Divide the cheese between two of the slices of bread. Scatter half of the bacon bits between the two, reserving the remainder. Close the sandwiches with the other slices of bread.
- Return the pan to a medium-low heat and cook the cheese sandwiches until they are light golden brown on each side.
- Remove the sandwiches from the pan and use a round pastry cutter to cut a hole in the middle of each one.
- Bring the pan to a medium-high heat. Place the sandwiches back in and crack an egg into each hole. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the bottoms of the eggs are cooked. Use a spatula to gently turn the sandwiches and cook the tops for 30 seconds. Carefully turn them back over again and transfer to serving plates.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then top with the reserved bacon pieces and chives. Serve with ketchup or hot sauce, if desired.
Note: hot sauce can be used as an alternative to ketchup, if you wish.
359kcals, 19.9g fat (8.5g saturated), 10.9g carbs, 1.4g sugars, 32.2g protein, 0.6g fibre, 1.405g sodium