½ tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
450g lean turkey mince
Salt and black pepper
240g dried farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
2 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
480ml chicken stock
½ tbsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 large handfuls of spinach, chopped
120g low-fat Mozzarella, grated
Sprinkle of Parmesan
Fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the turkey mince and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned, breaking it down with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain away any excess fat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Stir in the pasta and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid.
- Cook, covered, for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the spinach. Cook for another 10 minutes until pasta is al dente, stirring every few minutes so it doesn’t stick to the pan. Add more stock or water as needed if liquid is evaporating too much.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Mozzarella. Taste and season as needed.
- Top with dollops of Ricotta, a sprinkle of Parmesan and some fresh basil leaves. Cover the pan for two minutes until the cheese has melted, then serve.
Per serving: 354kcals, 11.4g fat (4.3g saturated), 30.3g carbs, 3.9g sugars, 32.9g protein, 2g fibre, 0.56g sodium