Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Melt the butter in large heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and well browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the cornflour and cook, stirring constantly, for about five minutes until thoroughly browned.
- Whisking constantly, gradually add the stock. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil, skimming off any foam that forms on surface.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced.
- Strain the gravy through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan, pushing through with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard any solids left in the sieve. Season to taste.
Per Serving 122kcals, 6g fat (3.8g saturated), 15.7g carbs, 3.5g sugars, 1.8g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.515g sodium
IrishChristmasDinnerEasterMother’s DayFather’s DayLow-fatSpecial OccasionsFamily mealsCuisinesSunday roastDinner partyComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter