For the soup:
1 onion, diced
Salt and black pepper
2 tsp dried mint
400g potatoes, peeled and cubed
750ml vegetable stock
225g leftover lettuce (you can use a mixture of different lettuces)
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
For the croutons:
125g leftover stale bread
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes or until softened. Stir in the dried mint and potatoes, cover with a lid and cook gently for five minutes.
- Add the stock and turn the heat to high. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat again and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Stir in the lettuce and fresh mint and cook for five minutes longer until wilted.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- For the croutons, tear up the stale bread into bite-sized pieces and toss with the oil, oregano, Parmesan and some seasoning. Spread out on a lined baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add the milk to the soup and use a stick blender to whizz until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Divide amongst warmed serving bowls and top with the croutons, to serve.
Per serving: 313kcals, 16g fat (8.4g saturated), 39.7g carbs (7.5g sugars), 7.2g protein, 4.4g fibre, 0.911g sodium