210g plain flour
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
180ml Glenisk BIO Organic Wholemilk Natural Yogurt
¼ tsp vanilla extract
60ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
60ml olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 900g loaf tin.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, rub the lemon zest into the sugar until it begins to release its oils. Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla and whisk until blended.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Pour in the vegetable and olive oil and stir to combine well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the loaf is golden on top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes, then gently remove. Allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
Per serving: 237kcals, 11.2g fat (1.5g saturated), 31.6g carbs (16.8g sugars), 3.9g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0.067g sodium