Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a large sealable bag set into a bowl, combine the salt, cumin, paprika, turmeric, garlic and ginger. Stir in three tablespoons of oil. Add the chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Seal the bag, pushing all of the air out, and use your hands to work the marinade around the chicken. Place in the fridge for four hours
- Heat the remaining oil in a large casserole dish or tagine over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, brown the chicken pieces on all sides, then transfer to a plate and set aside
- Add the onions to the pot along with the saffron, if using. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for 12-15 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the lemon slices and stock. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to medium-low. Cover with a lid and cook for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked throughout
- Stir in the olives and heat through for 2-3 minutes. Scatter with parsley and serve with rice.
Per Serving 350kcals, 20.2g fat (3.7g saturated), 13.1g carbs (3.7g sugars), 30.1g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.791g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad