Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the meringue topping:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Beat together the butter, flour, icing sugar and lemon zest until blended. Press the mixture evenly into a 33x23cm rimmed baking tray.
- Freeze for 10 minutes, then bake for 20-22 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool completely, then spread the lemon curd over the crust. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the curd sets, then leave to cool.
- Beat the egg whites and sugar for the topping with an electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue topping over the curd layer in a swirling motion to create peaks. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the topping begins to brown.
- Leave to cool completely, then cut into bars.
Per serving: 382kcals, 27.1g fat (15.3g saturated), 37.4g carbs, 21.5g sugars, 5.7g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.219g sodium
Popular in Meringue
Roasted pear and hazelnut Eton mess