3 large egg yolks
120ml double cream
50g sugar, plus 2 tsp
Zest from 1 small lemon
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cream, 50g of sugar and the lemon zest. Pour into two ramekins
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish. Pour enough water around the ramekins to come about 1cm up the sides
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until almost set but still with a slight wobble in the centres
- Allow the custards to cool in their water bath, then cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least eight hours
- When ready to serve, sprinkle one teaspoon of sugar over the top of each custard and melt using a cook’s blowtorch (or under a hot grill) until it turns dark golden-brown and hard. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 385kcals, 29.3g fat (16.5g saturated), 27.6g carbs (25.2g sugars), 5.3g protein, 0g fibre, 0.035g sodium.