Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/150˚C fan/gas mark 5 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Beat the lemon zest, sugar, flour, baking powder and coconut oil in a mixing bowl until it reaches a coarse, sand-like consistency.
- Whisk together the milks and vanilla, then beat into the mixing bowl until just combined. Beat in the eggs.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake 18-22 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of one comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, cream the butter, icing sugar, coconut and lemon zest until blended.
- Gradually beat in the cream cheese, a little at a time, until incorporated. Beat in the lemon curd. Spread the icing over the tops of the cooled buns.
- Decorate with desiccated coconut and lemon zest, if desired.
Per serving: 528kcals, 31.7g fat (23g saturated), 60.3g carbs, 42.3g sugars, 5.8g protein, 2g fibre, 0.144g sodium