Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3, and lightly butter and flour a large Bundt tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest on medium-high for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in four tablespoons of the lemon juice, then add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add half of the flour mixture, then the yoghurt, and then the remaining flour mixture, mixing constantly. Mix just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tin and bake for 65-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the icing sugar and one of the remaining tablespoons of lemon juice until smooth, adding the remaining juice as necessary to create a thick but pourable glaze. Pour over the top of the cake and allow to set before serving.
Per serving: 508kcals, 18.9g fat (11.1g saturated), 79.6 g carbs, 59.3g sugars, 8.4g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.403g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux