Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the ham in a large pot, add the ginger ale and add just enough cold water to cover. Add the carrots, celery, leeks, bay leaves, peppercorns and bouquet garni. Squeeze in the juice from the halved lemons and add them to the pot.
- Bring slowly to a boil, skimming off any white foam from the surface. Simmer very gently for about two hours until cooked throughout. Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan.
- Place the oven rack at its lowest position. Remove the ham from its liquid and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the ham in a roasting tin and use a small sharp knife to strip off the skin. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut into the meat.
- In a bowl, stir together the glaze ingredients until the sugar has dissolved. Brush the glaze thickly over the ham.
- Bake the ham for 40 minutes until golden brown, basting with more of the glaze every 20 minutes or so.
- Increase the heat to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/gas mark 7 and cook for a final 20 minutes without opening the oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 413kcals, 15.4g fat (0g saturated), 16.3g carbs (9.7g sugars), 50.2g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.14g sodium
Popular in Easter
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR