Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the meringue:
To fill and serve:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a large, spotlessly clean bowl, use an electric whisk on full speed to beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue whisking until all the sugar is incorporated and the mixture is very stiff and glossy.
- Grease and line a 23 x 33cm Swiss roll tin with non-stick baking paper. Spread the meringue mixture evenly over the tin and scatter over the flaked almonds. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Reduce the temperature to 160°C/140°C/gas mark 3 and bake for 20 minutes longer until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven.
- Carefully turn out the meringue onto a sheet of nonstick baking paper, almond-side-down. Gently peel away the paper that lined the tin. Leave to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- For the filling, whip the double cream, then gently fold in the lemon curd and zest. Spread evenly over the meringue.
- Use a small, sharp knife to score an indentation around 1cm in from the edge of one of the shorter sides of the roulade, being careful not to cut all the way through. Turn this side to face you, and start to roll the meringue up from here to form a roulade.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Per serving: 388kcals, 25.3g fat (13.1g saturated), 38.6gcarbs (37g sugars), 5.6g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.059g sodium
Popular in Gluten-free
Easy tapas platter