Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3 and lightly grease a 1.2l capacity ceramic pudding dish. Using an electric mixer, beat the caster sugar and 50g of the butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating until combined before adding the next. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in the lemon zest and juice with the flour, ground almonds and milk. Mix until just barely combined.
- In a clean dry bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites through the lemon mixture. It may look a little curdled.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pudding dish. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds, then bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and just set. If it begins to look too brown during cooking, cover the dish with tin foil.
- Allow the pudding to sit for five minutes, then dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream.
Per serving: 247kcals, 15.8g fat (7.4g saturated), 22.2g carbs, 19.5g sugars, 5.7g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.113g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Mini pineapple upside-down cakes